A message from Dr. Barbara Bialowolska-Romaniuk and Catherine Krings
Your health is very important to us and our staff.
Who qualifies for this service?
Any Medicare or Medicare Advantage patient that has multiple (two or more) chronic conditions expected to last at least 12 months.
Our goals are to:
- Keep you as healthy as possible
- Provide you with the best care
- Keep you out of the hospital
- Minimize the costs and inconvenience of unnecessary visits to doctors, labs, or urgent care facilities.
- Your insurance covers this service if you have two or more chronic conditions
We encourage you to participate in the Chronic Care Management (CCM) program.
What are CCM Services?
Chronic Care Management (CCM) services help manage your health between office visits. The program provides a series of non-face-to-face activities and additional services especially for our CCM patients. For example:
- We actively help you manage all your medications and reconcile your medication lists
- We actively manage your prescriptions and prior auths required for your chronic conditions
- We manage your referrals to other health care providers
- We help coordinate your care with your other doctors
- We share your health information only with other authorized providers
- We keep an active and updated care plan for you
Your Care Plan
Your Care Plan includes valuable information that will help you understand your medical conditions. Your Care Plan will help you to be as healthy as possible. Your caregivers and other authorized providers can access your Care Plan 24/7 using our secure medical portal in the event you require care when we are not available.
How much does this cost?
Your insurance covers this service and wants us to provide it for you!! Each month, after we provide you with a minimum of 20 minutes of non-face-to-face services, we will bill your insurance company. We will only bill in the months we spend the 20 minutes, although you may or may not come into the office every month, Our office will have a record of our time spent managing your care if you ever have a question about what we did each month.
What if I change my mind?
You may stop this service at any time, for any reason. If you choose to stop the service we will provide it only through the last day of the calendar month of your decision. Your signature is required to end Chronic Care Management services, so please ask my staff for the CCM revocation form.
You can only give CCM consent to one provider at a time. If another physician has offered to provide CCM, you will have to choose which physician is best able to treat and manage all your conditions. Please let me or my staff know if you change your mind, or if you have any questions.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Bestcare Internal Medicine is working to keep our patients and community healthy during this time and prevent the spread of infection!
AZ Dept of Health Services, Arizona’s Coronavirus Hotline 1-844-542-8201
- Testing locations: Arizona Department of Health Services